Was Mold Discovered? Contact SERVPRO of Elk Grove/Laguna
Mold can be found just about anywhere. There is a lot of good information, but many people do not have a solid understanding of mold. SERVPRO of Elk Grove / Laguna is your specialist for mold remediation.
However, you may be interested in finding out if the mold you have in your home is something to be concerned about. The US Environmental Protection Agency's website has a great deal of information to help a home owner or renter.
Ten Things You Should Know about Mold:
- Potential health effects and symptoms associated with mold exposures include allergic reactions, asthma and other respiratory complaints.
- There is no practical way to eliminate all mold and mold spores in the indoor environment; the way to control indoor mold growth is to control moisture.
- If mold is a problem in your home or school, you must clean up the mold and eliminate sources of moisture.
- Fix the source of the water problem or leak to prevent mold growth.
- Reduce indoor humidity (to 30-60%) to decrease mold growth by:
- Venting bathrooms, dryers and other moisture-generating sources to the outside
- Using air conditioners and de-humidifiers
- Increasing ventilation
- Using exhaust fans whenever cooking, dishwashing and cleaning
- Clean and dry any damp or wet building materials and furnishings within 24-48 hours to prevent mold growth.
- Clean mold off hard surfaces with water and detergent, and dry completely. Absorbent materials such as ceiling tiles, that are moldy, may need to be replaced.
- Prevent condensation: Reduce the potential for condensation on cold surfaces (i.e., windows, piping, exterior walls, roof, or floors) by adding insulation.
- In areas where there is a perpetual moisture problem, do not install carpeting (i.e., by drinking fountains, by classroom sinks, or on concrete floors with leaks or frequent condensation).
- Molds can be found almost anywhere; they can grow on virtually any substance, providing moisture is present. There are molds that can grow on wood, paper, carpet, and foods.
For more details visit: https://www.epa.gov/mold/ten-things-you-should-know-about-mold
SERVPRO of Elk Grove / Laguna is here to take care of you – call 916-525-1241. Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/SERVPROelkgrovelaguna/ and online http://www.SERVPROelkgrovelaguna.com.